1. Library programs have priority in the use of the facility.
2. Meeting room facilities are available at no charge for organized community groups, government agencies, or nonprofit organization for groups of four or more.
3. Private social events, such as birthdays, baby showers, and reunions will be charged an hourly rate established by the Board of Trustees, to include time spent decorating, setting up or cleaning the room.
4. Businesses and for-profit organizations may use the room for non-commercial use, such as training seminars, and will be charged an hourly rate established by the Board of Trustees, to include time spent decorating, setting up or cleaning the room.
5. No group or individual may use the room to sell goods or services, except at Library sponsored events and events for the purpose of raising funds for the Library.
6. Reservations must be placed with Library staff in writing in the form of a completed “Meeting Room Reservation Form”. This form must be filled out and signed by a member of the organization prior to reserving the room. The completed form can be delivered in person or sent electronically.
7. Reservations are taken first come, first served using the date the reservation form is received. Reservations may be made up to three months in advance. No reservations will be accepted for the next day after 4:30 PM on the current day.
8. Groups can place up to three meeting room reservations at a time.
9. Because the purpose of providing the meeting rooms is to make them available to as many community groups as possible, reservations by the same group may not be made more than twelve times in a calendar year.
10. The meeting rooms at Eldridge, Blue Grass or Princeton must be vacated at least 15 minutes prior to the closing of the Library.
11. Children’s group meetings must be scheduled and supervised by an adult sponsor.
12. Nothing may be attached to the ceiling or walls. Groups may not hang signs, posters, displays or other decorations in the meeting room without prior permission.
13. Groups are responsible for setting up the furniture in the room. The only available furniture is what is found within the room.
14. Reservations are confined to the use of the meeting rooms. If meeting rooms are unavailable, there are no other indoor or outdoor spaces available for booking. Public restrooms are available to meeting room users.
15. Groups most follow the Library’s Behavior Policy and all other Library rules and policies.
16. Cooking is not allowed. Prepared food may be catered in with prior approval. Alcoholic beverages may not be served.
17. No materials, equipment or furniture belonging to groups using the rooms will be stored on Library premises, and the Library will not assume responsibility for any materials or items left on the premises.
18. If the carpet or furnishings are soiled or damaged during the use of the Library facilities, the group representative must pay the cost of cleaning, repairing or replacing damaged items.
19. The name, address or phone number of the Scott County Library System and its individual libraries may not be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization except those affiliated with the Library. Use of the Library meeting room does not imply endorsement by the Scott County Library System or Scott County, Iowa. The use of the meeting room by a non-Library group shall not be publicized or promoted in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship of the group’s activities.
20. The Scott County Library System and Scott County, Iowa shall not be held liable for accidents, injury, or loss of individual property occurring while using the meeting room.
21. The Walcott Meeting Room is available from Monday – Thursday 8-8, Friday -Sunday 9-5:30, with the exception of holidays observed by the Scott County Library System. If the reservation falls during a time when the Walcott Branch Library is not open, a key deposit of $20.00 is required. The key must be returned to the Walcott Branch Library within two days, and the deposit will be refunded.
22. The ruling of the local Fire Department as to capacity of rooms will be observed.
23. Violation of this policy is grounds for barring an individual or organization from further use of the meeting facilities.