Some accomplishments of the TFQC since its inception:
- Assisted businesses in tobacco-free and nicotine-free policy development
- Hosted trainings for health care providers on tobacco cessation
- Educated the community about the health impacts of tobacco use
- Partnered with the Iowa and Illinois Departments of Public Health to monitor the status of tobacco in our community
- Assisted in the implementation of increased cigarette taxes in Iowa and Illinois
- Provided local support for the passage of the Smoke-free Illinois Act and the IowaSmoke-free Air Act
- Served as a community resource for agencies and organizations
- Assisted with the implementation of the smoke-free housing rule from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development to area housing authorities.
- Partnered with local parks and recreation departments on the use of signage and education to the public about the effects of smoking.