The Scott County Library System is the oldest county system in the state of Iowa serving rural areas with 6 locations and a traveling bookmobile.
In 1950, the Scott County bookmobile organization became the Scott County Library System. At that time, there were 4,000 books in the collection.
Branches were established in Blue Grass, Eldridge and Princeton. The Walcott Branch was opened in 1952, and the Buffalo Branch opened in 1962. The Durant Branch joined the Scott County Library System in 1966.
Check out our online photo archive of library history.
The Scott County Library System brings information, ideas, learning, and creativity to all corners of the community, expanding possibilities and enriching lives both within and beyond our walls.
Other communities in our service area include: