Find information about associations and firms that may lobby on behalf of Scott County. Also find information about county funds that are distributed to non-profit agencies by grant or service contracts.
Some organizations to which Scott County pays membership dues participate in the development of legislative priorities and issues. Find more information about the legislative priorities of these organizations by following the links to their website.
Find details of lobbying arrangement posted here, including the name of the lobbying firm, the amount paid and the legislation being advocated.
Rock Island Arsenal Defense Alliance
Rock Island Arsenal Defense Alliance (RIADA)
331 W. 3rd St. Suite
Davenport, Iowa 52801
- Rock Island Arsenal Defense Alliance (RIADA) is a Chamber-affiliated 501(c)(6) nonprofit corporation, leading initiatives to support and grow the Rock Island Arsenal and Quad Cities defense industry. It includes local elected officials, private sector leaders, education officials and community leaders.
- The Rock Island Arsenal Defense Alliance (RIADA) announced their legislative priorities for this year which build off the tremendous successes achieved over the past several years that help to align the activities at Rock Island Arsenal with the National Defense Strategy and Army modernization priorities.
- This year’s priorities include:
- Innovation at the Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence
- Sustaining workload at RIA-JMTC (Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center)
- Support sustaining missions for other components of Rock Island Arsenal to include Joint Munitions Command (JMC), First Army and Army Sustainment Command (ASC)
- Support adequate facilities and resiliency on Rock Island Arsenal
- Support further investment in workforce development and enhancement opportunities for defense manufacturing communities
- FY23 budget includes $17,400 for the RIADA contract. The Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce has responsibility of this contract.
Grants and Service Contracts:
Scott County Authorized Agencies are recognized non-profit agencies receiving county funding and following the county's required budgeting requirements. Authorized Agencies are listed in the Scott County Budget. There you can find performance measures, county contribution, revenue summary, appropriation summary and totals.