Things property owners can do on their own if disagreeing with the Assessor's estimate of value.
Using Assessor’s website to analyze recent sales of similar properties in market area.
- View the subject property assessment page.
- Click “COMPARABLES SEARCH” at top of page.
- Select criteria that closely matches the subject property’s characteristics.
- Search note: less criteria equals more results, more criteria equals less results.
- Try to find 4 to 6 good (very similar characteristics to subject) comps that have sold in past 6 to 12 months.
Using Assessor’s website to analyze assessed valued of similar properties in market area.
- Please note, this approach is very subjective.
- Values will likely NOT be “identical”, but should see a fairly tight range or average of all properties (within reason).
- View the subject property AND ALSO all similar properties on same street, or in immediate neighborhood, or in very small market area surrounding subject property.
- Create a spreadsheet of all property characteristics and the breakdown of values.
Using a local realtor’s website to analyze active listings of properties in market area.
- Try to find 4 to 6 good (very similar characteristics to subject) comps that are currently listed for sale.
Ask a realtor to do a market analysis of subject property. A realtor will likely analyze and compare the subject property to similar properties in the area that have recently sold and that are actively listed for sale.
Hire an appraiser to do an appraisal on your property.