Scott County Authorized Agencies are recognized non-profit agencies receiving County funding and following the county's required budgeting requirements.
If interested in budget appropriations, please contact the Scott County Administration Office.
Bi-State Regional Commission
Denise Bulat, Executive Director
1504 - 3rd Ave., P.O. Box 3368
Rock Island, IL 61204
BI-STATE REGIONAL COMMISSION
In summary, the Bi-State Regional Commission’s articles of incorporation state that the Bi-State Regional Commission has the following powers:
- To discuss, study and bring into focus regional challenges and opportunities.
- To serve as a vehicle for the collection and exchange of information of regional interest.
- To insure effective communication and coordination among governments.
- To foster, develop and review policies, plans and priorities for regional growth, development and conservation.
- To facilitate agreements and cooperative action proposals among governments for specific projects or other interrelated developmental needs and for the adoption of common policies and plans with respect to common regional challenges.
- To maintain liaison with governmental units, groups, or organizations and to serve as regional spokesperson for local government.
- To furnish general and technical aid to area local governments as they direct, and to promote and accomplish approved agreements, policies and plans.
- To review and coordinate federal, state and local programs of regional importance.
- To perform other duties and responsibilities now or hereafter consistent with the purposes of the Commission and provided for by law.