Scott County Authorized Agencies are recognized non-profit agencies receiving County funding and following the county's required budgeting requirements.
If interested in budget appropriations, please contact the Scott County Administration Office.
In summary, chapter 336.8 of the Code of Iowa states that the Library Board trustees have the following powers:
- To have charge and supervision of County library buildings and directing and controlling all affairs.
- To employ a librarian, assistants and employees as necessary and fix their compensation.
- To remove librarian, assistants or employees by a two-thirds vote.
- To select and purchase books, pamphlets, magazines, periodicals, papers, maps, journals, furniture, fixtures, stationery and supplies.
- To authorize the use of libraries by school corporations or nonresidents.
- To make, adopt, amend, modify and repeal bylaws, rules and regulations for the care, use and management of library.