Scott County is accepting online applications for the following position.
Job Title: Seasonal Campground Host
Closing Date/Time: Not Specified
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Acts as a good-will ambassador between campers and park staff, providing information to park staff on potential problems, and disseminates information to the public. This is a non-paid position with the primary duties in exchange for free camping with electric, water, and sewer provided for the season. (Note: Hosts may be asked/allowed to perform additional tasks associated with park maintenance or campground attendant responsibilities on a per hour paid basis)
1. Assist campers by providing helpful information and answering questions.
2. Notifies maintenance of necessary repairs and replacements of equipment as needed.
3. Explains park rules and regulations.
4. Assures campers are registered by checking site registration markers.
5. Acts as an after-hours contact for emergencies within the assigned campground.
6. Contacts proper authorities by telephone or radio in event of emergencies.
7. Performs limited cleaning and custodial duties of grounds and restrooms to include picking up litter, monitoring of restroom usage, and light sweeping or mopping as needed.
8. Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Hosts may be asked/allowed to perform additional tasks associated with the campground and rest room maintenance responsibilities on a per hour paid basis.
High school education or GED. Knowledge of camping preferred.
Previous experience in campground hosting is desired.
Previous experience in delivering exceptional customer service.
Effective oral and listening skills are essential.
Ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisor, the public and park staff.
Ability to positively and effectively convey information and effectively handle complaints from the public.
Knowledge of state and county park programs and regulations.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to exemplify by his or her actions, the County's PRIDE philosophy.
Reports to: Park Manager (Receives direction from Ranger staff).
Works with: All levels of Conservation Department staff as well as the general public.
Works outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
This position is not benefit eligible.