Online reservations can be made here.
Scott County Park
Check in at the Entrance Station on 270th St
- Whispering Pines – Capacity 200
- Enclosed shelter – not heated or air-conditioned
- Modern restroom, lights, electricity, playground, water available at nearby restroom
- Buffalo Bill – Capacity 200
- Modern restroom, lights, electricity, playground, sand volleyball, water available at nearby restroom
- Running Deer– Capacity 200
- Located across from Glynns Creek - can only be reserved after June 1st
- Non-modern restroom, lights, electricity, no water or playground equipment
- Drop Tine – Capacity 100
- Non-modern restrooms, lights, electricity, playground, sand volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, water available at hydrant
- Hickory Hills – Capacity 100
- Modern restrooms, lights, electricity, playground, water is not available at the shelter
- Indian Hills – Capacity 100
- Modern restroom, lights, electricity, playground, sand volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, water available at hydrant
- Cody Lake – Capacity 100
- Non-modern restrooms, electricity, swing set, water is not available at the shelter
- Ideal for family or company picnics.
- Available for use mid-April to mid-October.
- Able to be reserved up to one year in advance.
- All groups over 20 people are required to pay shelter usage fee and provide clean-up deposit.
- To make reservations call the Entry Station at (563) 328-3282 ext 1 or reserve online by clicking here.
- Shelters are designed for group picnic usage. No other gatherings, activities, weddings or wedding receptions are allowed without an approved Special Event Application and additional fees may apply.
- Renter agrees to abide by the Board established maximum shelter capacity.
- Rental fees must be made at the time of reservation or within seven (7) working days of receiving the Picnic Shelter Rental Agreement to avoid cancellation.
- Reservations may be made up to one year in advance.
- In addition to the non-refundable Rental Fee, a refundable Damage Deposit is required.
- The shelter is a strictly enforced NO SMOKING facility.
- Kegs are not allowed without prior approval from the Park Ranger.
- Amplified music, live bands and DJ’s must be approved in advance.
- Parking allowed in designated areas only, no roadside parking or parking on the grass.
- Renter must check-in at the Park Office immediately upon arrival on the day of rental. (Gate #5 at West Lake Park / South Entrance at Scott County Park)
- Renter must check-out by 9:00 p.m. and is responsible for leaving the area in the same condition as it was found upon check-in.
- Decorations and table skirts are permissible and may only be affixed with painter’s tape. The use of staples, nails, or tacks is prohibited. No signage can be attached to park signs or structures.
- Failure to follow the Cleanup Guidelines and/or damage to property will result in forfeiture of all or part of the deposit and/or additional costs to repair/replace the property in question.
- There are NO REFUNDS for cancellations or changes. Requests for consideration in the case of emergencies must be made in writing to the Conservation Board.
- Renters and Visitors must comply with Park Hours. All other Scott County Conservation Board park and campground rules apply. Violation of any park rules or regulations by the renter and/or renter’s guests may result in fines, use privileges being rescinded, and forfeiture of the reservation and/or deposit fees.
- A certificate of insurance naming the Scott County Conservation board as a co-insured party for the day of your reservation must be provided for any activities not provided by the Conservation Board, such as Bounce Houses or Dunk Tanks. Policy amount must provide a minimum of $1 million worth of liability coverage.