West Lake Park Beach:
- Swimming in designated areas only during regular business hours
- No food, beverages, coolers, or pets in the beach area. There is a designated picnic area for coolers, food, and non-alcoholic beverages
- No throwing of sand or mud
- Children under 10 yrs. old must be accompanied at all times by someone at least 15 yrs. old
- No water wings or inflatables permitted
- No tobacco use or alcohol allowed
- Beach Employee’s are not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Follow all posted rules and direction of the lifeguard staff
- The Beach will not open if the air or water temperature is below 65° or weather conditions are threatening. Sorry, NO refunds due to closing for weather conditions
Lifejacket Usage at West Lake Park Beach:
- Weak or non-swimmers are permitted to use only a properly fitted and labeled Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD).
- A responsible person (at least 15 yrs of age) must remain within arm’s reach at all times.
Inflatable Waterpark Safety Rules at West Lake Park Beach:
- Only use during official operating hours.
- Only use in the presence of a guard.
- Only proficient swimmers are allowed.
- The SportsPark is limited to swimmers 6 years of age and older.
- The KidsPark is limited to swimmers with a height between 39” and 59”.
- No foreign objects or toys allowed near or on the equipment.
- All users must remove watches, jewelry, keys or other sharp objects before entering.
- All users must be issued a life jacket and have the jacket inspected by a staff member before use.
- Provided life jackets must be worn at all times.
- Before jumping from any area users must ensure there are not people or objects in the water.
- Do not dive, jump, or slide head first into the water.
- Do not dive, jump, or swim underneath the equipment.
- Do not use when under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, have health limitations or injuries.
Buffalo Shores Beach:
- Free beach with picnicking, ample parking, and toilets are available in the park’s day use area.
- Beach is unsupervised, no lifeguards, swim at your own risk.
- Containers are provided for the disposal of refuse in order to assure that all areas remain clean. Please do not litter.
- The consumption and/or possession of alcoholic beverages are hereby prohibited on the beach area at Buffalo Shores Access Area. The beach area is designated as the sand area which extends the length of the property adjacent to the waterline of the Mississippi River.
Scott County Conservation Board Park Rules and Regulations
govern the use of park and recreation areas
In addition to the rules and regulations, all state laws apply to conduct in county areas.
Any violation of the rules can result in the denial of park privileges. The state conservation code gives county conservation officers the right to deny park privileges in county parks.