Certified Copies of Vital Records (Births, Deaths, & Marriages)

Recorder's Office staff assisting customer at the counter.

Certified copies of vital records (births, deaths, and marriages) registered by the Scott County Recorder can be obtained from this office.

Check that your vital record is registered with the Scott County Recorder.

All applications for certified copies of vital record must be in writing and completely identify the record, as well as satisfactorily establish entitlement to the record being requested.

For assistance with vital records, please call 563-326-8650.


Application Form:

  • Use the form above for both state and local requests for a certified copy of an Iowa vital record (Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificate).
  • The request must be signed in front of a notary public and include a clear photocopy of the applicant’s current government-issued photo identification.

Records May Be Obtained In-Person or By Mail:


We process in-person requests Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 4 PM.  The length of time to process the request varies on volume and complexity of the request. We cannot guarantee same day service.

By Mail:

Applications received by mail are processed upon receipt.  Records are mailed to the applicant at the address provided on the application.

Mail the completed and notarized application form and fee to:
Scott County Recorder
600 W 4th Street
Davenport , IA 52801



  • Record search and one certified copy is $15. (as of July 1, 2019)
  • Additional certified copies are $15.
  • If the record is not located, the applicant receives a notification to that affect. The $15 fee is retained for the search.
  • Make money order or local check** payable to the "Scott County Recorder's Office". Debit and credit cards accepted at the office (additional fees apply).

** Check number must be equal to or greater than 500.

Entitled Persons:

  • Entitlement to the record being requested must be satisfactorily established.
  • Entitled persons include the person named on the record or that person's spouse, children, legal parents, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings, or legal representative or guardian (with additional proof).
  • Applicants must be 18 or older.
  • Contact the office to verify your entitlement.