Sex Offender FAQ

What Iowa agencies registers sex offenders?

Each Sheriff Office in Iowa registers along with the Iowa Department of Correction upon release from a prison facility.

When and how do you register in Iowa?

If you are a Sex Offender that lives, works, or goes to school in Iowa you will need to report to the Sheriff Offices in the county that you live, work, or go to school within 5 days of making such residence, work, or school.

Where do I register at in Scott County?

Scott County Sheriff’s Office
400 W. 4th Street
Davenport, IA 52801
Between the hours of 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Monday to Friday (Closed on Holidays)

Do offenders visiting Iowa from other states have to register?

Yes. Offenders who reside in Iowa, whether moving in or visiting, have (5) days to register with the Sheriff's Office at the county where they have established residence.

If I am expired or do not have to register any longer in another state.  Do I have to register in Iowa?

Yes. You will have to register with the County Sheriff and the Iowa DCI (Sex Offender Registry) will verify if you will or will not have to register in Iowa.   

Further questions?

Check out Frequently Asked Questions at the Iowa Sex Offender website