A Food Service Establishment (FSE) is a food establishment where food is prepared or served for individual portion intended for consumption on the premises or subject to Iowa sales tax as provided in Iowa Code section 422.45. A license is not transferable or refundable and any change in location or ownership requires a new license.
What types of services are offered through the Scott County Health Department Food Service Establishment Licensing and Enforcement Program?
The Food Service Establishment Licensing and Enforcement Program:
- Issues licenses for restaurants, taverns, temporary stands, and mobile units
- Conducts routine, unannounced inspections
- Provides training for food service personnel
- Approves plans for remodeling and new establishments
- Investigates complaints about facilities
- Inspects new establishments prior to opening
Is there a fee for the service/program?
License fees are based on gross food and beverage sales. There is no fee for plan reviews.
What do I need to do in order to open my facility?