SCHD is involved with a variety of community coalitions that also promote, protect, and preserve health through leadership, service, education, and partnerships.
The Community Transformation Program works closely with the following coalitions:
- Be Healthy QC is a community coalition that aims to increase the percentage of adults and children who are at a healthy weight by encouraging physical activity and healthy eating. For more information, visit qchealthinitiative.org.
- The Bi-State Regional Trails Committee facilitates communication, reviews, and coordinates projects which impact trail development throughout the Quad Cities. For more information, visit https://bistateonline.org/transportation-and-mobility/regional-trails-system.
- The Food Rescue Partnership is a Quad Cities coalition that promotes rescuing food for its best possible use. For more information, visit foodrescueqc.org.
- Through environmental education and activities, the Quad Cities Earth Coalition helps citizens understand their personal responsibility in creating a sustainable environment. For more information, visit qcearth.org.
- The Quad Cities HEARTSafe Coalition aims to empower and increase bystander Hands-Only CPR through education and awareness. For more information, visit qcheartsafe.org.
- With leadership from River Action, the Riverway Steering Committee strives to foster the environmental, economic, and cultural vitality of the Mississippi River and its riverfront in the Quad City region. For more information, visit riveraction.org.