COVID-19 Guidance for COVID Illness and Exposure
The Iowa Department of Public Health's Epi Manual provides the latest recommendations for controlling further spread and preventing disease. Recommendations for COVID illness and exposure (vaccinated and unvaccinated) can be found in this document:
What you can do to reduce the spread COVID-19 at home during this time.
Prevent the Spread of Germs
- Practice good handwashing
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean surfaces frequently
- Learn the best ways to clean and disinfect your home https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/disinfecting-your-home.html (no longer an active link on CDC as of 8-9-23)
- Follow guidance from local officials
- Protect those at risk for severe illness like older adults, and people with serious chronic health conditions
Monitor Your Health
Have a Plan of Action
- Keep a 2-week supply of medicine and groceries. Know how to get food delivered if needed.
- Establish ways to communicate with others (family, friends, coworkers).
- Work from home if possible
- Plan for childcare needs
- Know the emergency plans for your schools/workplaces
Learn to Manage Stress and Emotions