- Vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals who are experiencing symptoms or COVID-19 are encouraged to get tested for COVID-19 and isolate at home until they receive their test results.
- Unvaccinated individuals who are a close contact to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 are encouraged to get tested for COVID-19 and isolate at home until they receive their test results.
Below is a list of testing opportunities in Scott County. **This list may not be exclusive and testing resources and requirements may change day to day.
- TestIowa At Home Test Kits
- Any Iowa residents can test
- Request or find a local kit at www.TestIowa.com
- Test kits can be picked up at multiple locations:
- Scott County Health Department (pick-up ONLY) - pick-up 8am-4pm
- Center for Active Seniors Inc./CASI (pick-up ONLY)
- Bettendorf City Hall (pick-up ONLY)
- OR individuals can request test kits be sent directly to their home by going to www.TestIowa.com
- Test kits can be dropped off at:
- UPS drop off locations/drop boxes ONLY
- As of 6/24/22, Scott County Health Department is NO LONGER a drop-off location (there is no longer test kit courier services available)
- Testing by referral from your health are providers
- Call ahead to your health care provider
- Be prepared to describe your need to test (if you have symptoms of COVID-19; if you are a close contact of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19)
- Convenient/Express Cares:
- Free Kits from the Federal Government: https://www.covidtests.gov/ *Beginning September 25, 2023, every U.S. household can again place an order to receive four more free COVID-19 rapid tests delivered directly to their home. Before you throw out expired tests, check to see if your COVID-19 tests' expiration dates have been extended here.
- At-home test kits
- Test kits can be purchased from many retailers or online
- Follow all instructions on the test kits
- If the test kit provides a positive result, you do not need to get a confirmation PCR test; treat it as a positive result and isolate based on public health guidelines
Find data on cases and positivity rates: